Holidays are an exciting time for many, including guests in shelter and residents in supportive housing. New Hope Housing is lucky to have so many community members that are committed to sharing holiday cheer during this time of year.
If you are interested in getting involved, below are a few of the ways that you can do so:
Fill our client’s tables by:
- Hosting a Thanksgiving or Christmas food drive.
- Donating a food basket for a resident in supportive housing.
- Donating grocery store gift cards for our residents to purchase turkeys.
- Serving a meal at one of our supportive housing sites.
Light up our residents’ life this holiday season by:
- Adopting a single adult for the holidays. Wish lists will be sent out the week before Thanksgiving.
- Donating gift cards for residents to go shopping for groceries, new clothes, or special housewares.
- Shopping our Holiday Amazon wish list: http://a.co/9NI5b3w
If you are interested in giving, please sign up here: http://bit.ly/newhopeholidays19.
Volunteers can also sign up to host a special holiday meal or activity (decorating, Holiday bingo, Holiday movie night, or others!) to help spread cheer. If you are interested in doing so, please contact our Manager of Volunteer Programs, Sami, at email@example.com or 703-799-2293 ext. 11. Please note, our holiday schedule fills up quickly, so reach out soon!