UPDATE: May 19, 2021
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering at New Hope Housing! Volunteers are critical in working to end homelessness in our community. We are grateful to you for your support. We have recently updated our volunteer policies in light of changes to CDC guidance and prevalence of vaccinations.
After 14 months of remote and virtual volunteering, we are so excited to invite volunteers to serve on-site with us at our shelter programs. We are prioritizing individual volunteer opportunities, so some opportunities that were available pre-pandemic might not be available just yet, including group opportunities. We hope to expand soon for those opportunities.
We are asking that volunteers do the following to serve on-site with New Hope Housing:
- Confirm that they are fully vaccinated (we will not be making copies of vaccination cards, simply asking that volunteers confirm with us)
- Attend a virtual training for orientation
- Schedule service ahead of time via VICNet (no day of drop ins)
- Check in at the front desk, follow current CDC protocol in place at shelters (temp and symptoms check), and sign in to VICTouch
- Wear a face covering and volunteer identification while in the shelter and social distance as needed
- Log out of the shelter using VICTouch at the end of service
On-site volunteer opportunities will be available at the Kennedy Shelter, Bailey’s Shelter and Supportive Housing, and the Residential Program Center. For a full list of available opportunities, please visit http://bit.ly/NHHVolDirectory. Volunteer opportunities will be available beginning on June 7th.
To get started, please fill out the application below. Afterward, you will be contacted by our Manager of Volunteer Programs to schedule an orientation. You’ll then be able to sign up for a service opportunity and learn more about other new activities as we add them. Thank you!
If you have any questions, please contact Sami at email@example.com or 703-799-2293 ext. 11.