Many businesses and organizations, as well as individuals, help New Hope Housing by providing donations of supplies, food, equipment, furnishings and other items that meet residents’ needs or support staff work. Annually, over $130,000 of in-kind donations from our many community partners help make our work possible! Thank you!
If you are interested in making a donation or hosting a donation drive, please contact our Manager of Volunteer Programs Sami at email@example.com or 703-799-2293 ext. 11 for up to date information about needs at our shelters and housing sites!
Some in-kind donations that are always helpful:
- Gently used or new twin sheets, blankets, towels, and washcloths, especially during winter months when the number of residents in shelter increases.
- Food donations–large donations for meals at shelters, or smaller donations that can be distributed to residents in housing programs.
- Full size toiletries–deodorant, shampoo, soap, razors, shaving cream, lotion, etc.
- Cleaning supplies– laundry detergent, bleach, all-purpose cleaner, bathroom cleaner.
- New men’s and women’s underwear and socks.
- Gift cards to Target, Walmart, Amazon, grocery stores, etc. that we can use to meet specialized needs or give directly to residents.
At this time, we are unable to accept used clothing or furniture.
Welcome Home Baskets: When guests move into permanent housing from shelter, they have the opportunity to request a Welcome Home Basket. Items in the basket are donated from generous community members and groups. Help guests succeed in their new home by hosting a donation drive or donating items individually! Needed items can be found here: http://bit.ly/2DAAEFU.
Drop-off information: Please contact Sami Smyth, Manager of Volunteer Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-799-2293 ext. 11 to schedule a drop-off.
Amazon Wish List & AmazonSmile
Donate in-kind items easily by shopping through a special wish list on Amazon! At check-out, you can select items to be shipped directly to our office.
- New Hope New Home for residents moving into apartments
- Max’s Place for special needs housing
- New Hope Emergency Weather Gear for worst of the weather
- New Hope Employment and Education for residents preparing for new jobs
While you’re shopping on Amazon, a portion of the purchase can also be donated to New Hope Housing! Simply go to smile.amazon.com and follow the prompts to select New Hope Housing as your beneficiary.