Thank you all for your support. During the COVID-19 Pandemic, we will be updating this page and our Wish List with our most requested items
If you are interested in making a donation or hosting a donation drive, please contact our Manager of Community Engagement Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-799-2293 ext. 11 for up to date information about needs at our shelters and housing sites!
We still need your support but we request that shelter volunteers refrain from coming in the buildings through the end of March and follow CDC guidance. We are also changing how donations are accepted through the end of March. The following changes have been implemented:
- We will be accepting certain donations in bins or on tables located at the front of our shelters. Our current needs are:
- New men’s and women’s underwear (we have lots of socks!)
- Cleaning products (bleach, Lysol, paper towels, etc.)
- New t-shirts (undershirts)
- Entertainment (coloring books, DVDs, games, etc.)
- Food donations can be dropped off in designated coolers at our shelters
- Kennedy Shelter: At the back door
- Bailey’s Shelter and Supportive Housing: At the front door
- Residential Program Center: At the front door
- Mondloch House: On the porch by the front door
You can also visit our Amazon wishlist (NHH WISH LIST) for an up-to-date list of needs. Gift cards are also a great way to give! Cards to grocery stores, Walmart, Target, or Amazon are especially helpful as we work to meet the needs of our guests.
If you would like to host a Community Donation Drive of your own using an Amazon Wish List, please click here for step-by-step instructions on creating a Wish List and having items shipped directly to New Hope Housing.
Thank you all for your support in these challenging times. For questions about donations, please contact Jan Sacharko directly at email@example.com or 703-799-2293 ext. 27.
Amazon Wish List & AmazonSmile
Donate in-kind items easily by shopping through a special wish list on Amazon! At check-out, you can select items to be shipped directly to our office.
- New Hope New Home for residents moving into apartments
- Max’s Place for special needs housing
- New Hope Emergency Weather Gear for worst of the weather
- New Hope Employment and Education for residents preparing for new jobs
While you’re shopping on Amazon, a portion of the purchase can also be donated to New Hope Housing! Simply go to smile.amazon.com and follow the prompts to select New Hope Housing as your beneficiary.