Position Title: Temporary Shelter Coordinator
Status: Temporary, Full Time from 11/01/2019 – 03/31/2020
Summary of Duties:
The coordinator manages the Friends of Falls Church Homeless Shelter to ensure operations run smoothly and that guests have an excellent stay during the cold seasons. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys fast paced work.
- Supervises shelter staff so that each guest has an excellent stay.
- Ensures shelter runs smoothly 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Reviews forms and notes about clients’ stay with new Hope Housing.
- Strong Spanish verbal ability preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social services or related field preferred.
- Some management experience with the homeless and/or people diagnosed with behavioral health and substance abuse disorders populations.
- Customer service oriented.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule.
- Willingness to undergo background check.
- Current Driver’s license and good driving record.
Falls Church, VA (Friends of Falls Church Homeless Shelter)
$20 per hour
To Apply: Complete the Employment Inquiry form, or, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject line. New Hope Housing is proud to be an EOE/ADA employer that values diversity.