Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering at New Hope Housing! Volunteers are critical in working to end homelessness in our community. We are grateful to you for your support. There are still ways to volunteer at this time but we wish to keep you updated on changes in policy.
UPDATE MARCH 17, 2020:
As you know, the COVID-19 situation is extremely fluid and changes on a daily basis. At New Hope Housing, we’ve been monitoring the spread and have been taking precautions. Because of the nature of our work, our shelters and housing programs will remain open so that we can continue to serve all our homeless neighbors.
We still need your support but we request that shelter volunteers refrain from coming in the buildings through the end of March and follow CDC guidance. We are also changing how donations are accepted through the end of March. The following changes have been implemented:
- Upcoming volunteer orientations will be rescheduled (we hope to offer online orientations soon!)
- All tours of our facilities are postponed
- We will be accepting certain donations in bins or on tables located at the front of our shelters. Our current needs are:
- New men’s and women’s underwear (we have lots of socks!)
- Cleaning products (bleach, Lysol, paper towels, etc.)
- New t-shirts (undershirts)
- Entertainment (coloring books, DVDs, games, etc.)
- Food donations can be dropped off in designated coolers at our shelters
- Kennedy Shelter: At the back door
- Bailey’s Shelter and Supportive Housing: At the front door
- Residential Program Center: At the front door
- Mondloch House: On the porch by the front door
We will continually be reevaluating our policies and procedures for the health and safety of our guests, staff, and you. We’re so grateful for your patience and understanding during this time.
For questions and concerns, please contact Sami directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-799-2293 ext. 11.