Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering at New Hope Housing! Volunteers are critical in working to end homelessness in our community. There are many ways for you to be involved based on your availability and interests.
Some of our most popular volunteer opportunities include:
- Serving a meal at one of our shelters
- Assisting shelter guests with employment searches, resume writing, and soft skills
- Landscaping, lawn maintenance, and light maintenance at our housing sites
- Leading a class or activity at our shelters
- Providing administrative support at our shelter front desk
Our volunteer opportunities change based on the needs of our guests. An up-to-date volunteer opportunity directory can be found here: http://bit.ly/NHHVolDirectory. There are opportunities for individuals and groups, both small and large.
Getting Started: We ask that all volunteers join us for an orientation to learn more about our organization, requirements for volunteering, and different volunteer opportunities. Orientations are typically held twice a month. Upcoming orientations are on:
- Saturday, October 26th at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, November 7th at 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 20th at 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 7th at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, December 17th at 6:30 p.m.
To sign up for an orientation, please fill out our volunteer application!
Youth Volunteers: Volunteers at our Kennedy Shelter and Bailey’s Shelter and Supportive Housing are required to be 18 years and older, however, there are other opportunities for youth and family volunteers to serve:
- Host a donation drive with your school, church, or scout group
- Prepare a home-cooked meal for 8 and drop off at one of our supportive housing sites
- Assist with landscaping and lawn maintenance at one of our supportive housing sites
Community Service: If you are in need of community service hours for a court case, please contact Sami directly at email@example.com or 703-799-2293 ext. 11 to schedule an intake interview. Community service volunteers assist at our Kennedy Shelter.
Internships: New Hope Housing has limited internship opportunities for college students. If you wish to complete an internship with New Hope Housing, please send the requirements for the internship to Sami at firstname.lastname@example.org.