Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering at New Hope Housing! Volunteers are critical in working to end homelessness in our community. We are grateful to you for your support. We have recently updated our volunteer policies in light of changes to CDC guidance and prevalence of vaccinations.
UPDATE May 19, 2021:
After 14 months of remote and virtual volunteering, we are so excited to invite volunteers to serve on-site with us at our shelter programs. We are prioritizing individual volunteer opportunities, so some opportunities that were available pre-pandemic might not be available just yet, including group opportunities. We hope to expand soon for those opportunities.
We are asking that volunteers do the following to serve on-site with New Hope Housing:
- Confirm that they are fully vaccinated (we will not be making copies of vaccination cards, simply asking that volunteers confirm with us)
- Attend a virtual training for orientation
- Schedule service ahead of time via VICNet (no day of drop ins)
- Check in at the front desk, follow current CDC protocol in place at shelters (temp and symptoms check), and sign in to VICTouch
- Wear a face covering and volunteer identification while in the shelter and social distance as needed
- Log out of the shelter using VICTouch at the end of service
On-site volunteer opportunities will be available at the Kennedy Shelter, Bailey’s Shelter and Supportive Housing, and the Residential Program Center. For a full list of available opportunities, please visit http://bit.ly/NHHVolDirectory. Volunteer opportunities will be available beginning on June 7th.
Our first virtual orientation will be on Thursday, June 3rd 6:30 p.m. It will last about one hour, and we will go over available opportunities, changes in procedures, and answer any questions that you may have. Please log in to VICNet (http://bit.ly/NHHVICNet) to RSVP for the orientation. We will be scheduling addition dates for the orientation, so please keep an eye out for additional dates!
If you are unable to log in to VICNet, please contact Sami at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We will continually be reevaluating our policies and procedures for the health and safety of our guests, staff, and you. We’re so grateful for your patience and understanding during this time.
For questions and concerns, please contact Sami directly at email@example.com or 703-799-2293 ext. 11.