Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering at New Hope Housing! Volunteers are critical in working to end homelessness in our community. We are grateful to you for your support. There are still ways to volunteer at this time but we wish to keep you updated on changes in policy.
UPDATE July 20, 2020:
We’ve been through many changes in a few short months, but we are so grateful to our current and new volunteers that are continuing to serve your homeless neighbors.
Because the pandemic is still very much a part of our daily routine, we are continuing to engage volunteers remotely and virtually, not onsite at our program sites. We anticipate this to continue through the end of August and will provide updates as to when we can invite you to serve onsite with us again.
We also changed how donations are accepted. The following changes have been implemented:
- All volunteer orientations are online
- All tours of our facilities are postponed
- We will be accepting certain donations in bins or on tables located at the front of our shelters. Our current needs are:
- New men’s and women’s underwear (we have lots of socks!)
- Cleaning products (bleach, Lysol, paper towels, etc.)
- New t-shirts (undershirts)
- Entertainment (coloring books, DVDs, games, etc.)
- Food donations can be dropped off in designated coolers at our shelters
- Kennedy Shelter: At the back door
- Bailey’s Shelter and Supportive Housing: At the front door
- Residential Program Center: At the front door
- Mondloch House: On the porch by the front door
We will continually be reevaluating our policies and procedures for the health and safety of our guests, staff, and you. We’re so grateful for your patience and understanding during this time.
For questions and concerns, please contact Sami directly at email@example.com or 703-799-2293 ext. 11.